Ketalar Injection 100mg/Ml 10ml belongs to one of a group of medicines called anaesthetic agents, which are used to put you to sleep during an operation. Ketalar may be used in both routine and emergency surgery.
- Ketalar Injection 100mg/Ml 10ml is used in adults, the elderly and children. The active ingredient is ketamine hydrochloride.
- Ketalar Injection 100mg/Ml 10ml can be given alone or in combination with other anaesthetic agents.
- The dose of Ketalar depends on its use and varies from person to person.
- When injected directly into a vein at a dose of 2 mg for every kg of your bodyweight, Ketalar produces unconsciousness within 30 seconds and this lasts for 5 to 10 minutes. Because it works so quickly, it is important to be lying down, or supported in some other way when the drug is given.
- When Ketalar is injected into a muscle, at a dose of 10 mg for every kg of bodyweight, it takes longer to work (3 to 4 minutes) but lasts 12 to 25 minutes.